While we are making our stuffing mix this year, the quantities are very limited and the product is strictly a first come first serve offer. Our stuffing mix is priced at $6.00/bag, and will be available for purchase Monday, November 21st-Wednesday, November 23rd. If you are unable to receive a bag of our prepared stuffing mix, do not worry! We will have plenty of honey gold bread and rustic baguettes available leading up to Thanksgiving Day. Pick up a loaf or two earlier in the week, and let the loaf dry out to make your delicious homemade version. In need of a recipe? Check out the one we created below. Our recipe utilizes our honey gold sandwich bread, but our rustic baguette and our dark levain (available Tuesday, Thursday, and Sundays only) would additionally make for an amazing stuffing. Pick up your favorite loaf, dry it out, and create your dreams.
Honey Gold Stuffing Recipe
3/4 cup butter or earth balance or 1/2 cup olive oil
2 cups diced onion
1 1/2 cups celery stalk, diced
1 loaf honey gold bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
1-2 cups broth/stock of your choice (more if bread has been dried)
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp sage
Salt and pepper to taste
Suggested Optional Ingredients:
8-10 ounces sausage, 4-8 ounces chanterelle or mushroom of choice, sautéed
1/2 cup walnuts or 1 cup roasted chestnuts, 1/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a glass baking dish with butter/oil
- Heat 2 T of butter/oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery. Cook until tender.
- If using sausage/mushroom, add to skillet and sauté until browned
- Combine skillet ingredients with bread cubes, butter/oil, & seasonings in a large bowl. Add just enough broth to saturate bread and mix well
- Transfer mix to buttered/oiled glass dish, cover with foil and bake 40 minutes
- Remove foil and bake additional 20 minutes or until top is slightly crispy. Enjoy!